Set up Facebook Pixel
Facebook Pixel allows you to optimise your Facebook ad campaigns by tracking traffic and conversions. Before you can set up Facebook Pixel on your Easol website, make sure you have a Facebook Business Manager account and have a Pixel set up for your website.
How to set up Facebook Pixel
Step 1: Add Facebook Pixel to Easol
- Sign in to your Facebook Business Manager account.
- Go to Events Manager > Data Sources and select your Pixel (or create a new one).
- Next, go to the Settings tab and find your Pixel ID (it should be something similar to 1537161396618001).
- Open your Easol admin dashboard and go to Settings > Integrations.
- Copy and paste your Pixel ID under Facebook.
- Click Save to publish changes.
- Return to your Pixel in your Facebook Business Manager, and use the Test Events tool to make sure it is tracking traffic and events as you browse your website.
Adding a Facebook Pixel to your Easol admin will install tracking to checkout pages only. In order to install tracking to all other website pages, follow the next steps to add Facebook Pixel with Google Tag Manager.
Step 2: Add Facebook Pixel with Google Tag Manager
- Make sure Google Tag Manager is installed in your Easol account.
- In your Google Tag Manager account, reate a new Tag.
- Under Tag Configuration, select Custom HTML.
- Navigate to your Facebook Business Manager account, go to Events Manager and select your Facebook Pixel.
- Select Install code manually and click Copy code to copy the entire pixel base code.
- Return to Google Tag Manager and paste the code in the HTML container.
- Click the Advanced settings drop-down and select Once per page under Tag firing options.
- For Triggering, select All Pages.
- Under Triggering, select All Pages as the trigger. Click Save.
- Once the new tag is saved, you can use the Preview function to ensure Facebook Pixel is correctly tracking your website pages.
- Click Submit to publish changes.
Facebook Pixel should now be installed to all website pages.
Article is closed for comments.