Connect your domain name
To launch your website, you will need to configure your domain name and connect it to your website. Note that a free SSL certificate will be applied automatically.
How to connect your domain name to your Easol website
1. If you haven’t already, register your domain name with a third-party provider (e.g. GoDaddy, Namecheap, Cloudflare). Your domain provider must offer full DNS access for you to connect your domain name to your Easol site.
2. Log in to your DNS provider and select your domain name. Using your domain's DNS settings or DNS management, create a CNAME record for "www". This points www.yourdomain.com to our servers so that we can apply a security certificate and display your website. If you want to connect a subdomain other than “www”, such as experiences.yourdomain.com, create a CNAME record for “experiences” instead.
Connects "www.yourdomain.com" to Easol
Connects "experiences.yourdomain.com" to Easol
3. Save changes. Your domain should now be set up on www.yourdomain.com.
4. If you’re using a “www” domain, we recommend redirecting any traffic going to the non “www” domain (sometimes called the apex or naked domain) to your website at www.yourdomain.com. This can be done in your DNS settings – check your DNS provider for instructions as they all differ on how they implement this. Alternatively, you can use a service such as NakedSSL for a simple way to handle both http and https traffic.
5. Finally, log in to your Easol admin dashboard and go to Site > Site Settings > Domain. Enter your domain name (www.yourdomain.com) under Custom Domain. Do not include the https prefix.
6. Click Save to publish changes.
If you receive an error message, you may need to wait another few minutes or hours (depending on your DNS) for your new settings to update.
Article is closed for comments.