Set up and manage ambassadors
Ambassadors are an individual, media or partner incentivised to promote your brand's experiences. On Easol, you can invite ambassadors to your account and reward them for driving traffic or sales.
How does it work?
Each ambassador is assigned a custom link. When a customer clicks on this custom link, a cookie is added to the customer’s browser with an expiry time of 30 days. Easol uses this cookie to determine whether a booking is a referral from a specific ambassador.
- Referrals are counted when a customer books an experience on the same browser, while the cookie is still active, the sale will be affiliated with the ambassador. Even if the customer uses a new tab or a new window, or returns another day, the sale will still be affiliated as long as it’s the same browser with the cookie present.
- Referrals are not counted when a customer uses a different browser, clears their cookies, or uses a private browsing session when they book an experience.
Note: If a customer clicks on more than one ambassador custom link, the last link that has been clicked will be the only ambassador that is affiliated with the booking.
How to set up an ambassador
- Get your ambassador to go to myeasol.com/sign-up and create an Easol account.
- Once they have registered an account, go to Marketing > Ambassadors in your dashboard.
- Under Add a new ambassador, enter the email address your ambassador used to create their Easol account. Click Add ambassador.
- Select your new ambassador from the list. Click Generate link.
- Choose a product from the list to generate a direct link to an experience or enter a URL (e.g. homepage). Click Save.
- The generated URL is now saved in your clipboard and added to the ambassador's list.
In the dashboard, you can view an ambassador's campaign activity, including last click, total clicks, last sale, total sales and total value.
Tip: Use a link shortening tool like bitly.com to customise your links for ambassadors.
How ambassadors can view their campaign activity
Ambassadors can also view their campaign activity by logging in to their account at myeasol.com/log-in and navigating to Your Account > Campaigns from the main menu.
Article is closed for comments.