Set up data feed for a Facebook product catalogue
About Facebook catalogues
Facebook catalogues allow you to easily advertise and promote your experiences. For example, once you've set up a catalogue, you can create dynamic ad campaigns, collection ads, carousel ads and more on both Facebook and Instagram. Learn more about Facebook catalogues here.
How Easol integrates with Facebook catalogues
Easol creates a data feed file link that you can use to sync with your Facebook catalogues. This means that you only need to upload the link once and Facebook will automatically add and update experiences from your Easol account according to a schedule you set.
Key things to note about the data feed link:
- Only the experiences that you've enabled for the data feed will be synced with Facebook. This allows you to be selective about the experiences that are included in the data feed.
- Experiences that are enabled for the data feed will all be added to a single catalogue. It's currently not possible to have different data feeds/catalogues for different experiences.
How to set up a Facebook catalogue data feed
Before you begin, make sure you have a Facebook page and a Business Manager account.
1. Activate experiences for the Facebook data feed
- In your Easol admin dashboard, go to Experiences and select the experience you'd like to add to the catalogue.
- Navigate to the Marketing tab and click the Enable toggle for Facebook Product Feed.
- Optionally, click Configure and customise the ad title, ad description and ad dates. This information is pre-populated based on your experience settings.
- Click Save.
- Repeat for other experiences.
Note: Experiences will only be added to the Facebook catalogue data feed if you enable it.
2. Add a new Facebook catalogue
- Log into your Facebook Business Manager and navigate to the Commerce Manager.
- Under Catalogs, click Add Catalog.
- Select Ecommerce > Products for the Catalog Type.
- For the Upload Method, select Upload Product Info. Customise the Catalog owner and Catalog name as needed.
- Click Create.
3. Upload data feed from Easol
- Click Add Items in your new catalogue.
- Select the Data feed option and click Next.
- For the upload option, select Schedule feed.
- Next, the URL of your data feed: https://[yourbusiness].myeasol.com/ads/facebook.csv. (Replace [yourbusiness] with your Easol account name).
- Tip: To ensure the data feed link is correct and contains the right experiences, open the data feed link in your browser. Check the CSV file that is downloaded to your desktop.
- Select your preferred update schedule. This depends on how often you update your experiences.
- Tip: You can always manually request an update under the Settings tab of your catalogue.
- Fill in the name of your data source and select your default currency.
- Click Next. Facebook will now sync with the data feed from Easol.
Once Facebook has finished processing the data, your experiences will be added as items to your catalogue. You can now use your catalogue to create ad campaigns.
Article is closed for comments.