Set up data feed for a Google Merchant Centre
About Google Merchant Centre
The Google Merchant Centre allow you to easily advertise and promote your experiences through Google. For example, you can create product listing ads and dynamic display ads to reach new audiences, drive traffic and increase conversions. Learn more about Google Merchant Centre here.
How Easol integrates with Google Merchant Centre
Easol creates a data feed file link that you can use to sync with your Google Merchant Centre. This means that you only need to upload the link once and Google will automatically add and update experiences from your Easol account according to a schedule you set.
Key things to note about the data feed link:
- Only the experiences that you've enabled for the data feed will be synced with Google. This allows you to be selective about the experiences that are included in the data feed.
- Experiences that are enabled for the data feed will all be added to a single feed. It's currently not possible to have different data feeds for different experiences.
How to set up a Google Merchant Centre data feed
Before you begin, make sure you have a Google account (like Gmail) and a Merchant Center set up.
1. Activate experiences for the Google data feed
- In your Easol admin dashboard, go to Experiences and select the experience you'd like to add to the catalogue.
- Navigate to the Marketing tab and click the Enable toggle for Google Product Feed.
- Next, click Configure and customise the ad headline, display subtitle, display ad description, search ad description etc. This information is pre-populated based on your experience settings. Note the character limits.
- Click Save.
- Repeat for other experiences.
- Go to https://[yourbusiness].myeasol.com/ads/google.csv. (Replace [yourbusiness] with your Easol account name). The feed file will be downloaded to your computer.
Note: Experiences will only be added to the Google data feed if you enable it.
2. Upload data feed from Easol
- Sign in to your Merchant Centre account.
- Go to the Feeds section under Products and click the plus button in the primary feed section.
- Next, follow the prompts and enter details about your feed.
- For Input Method, select Upload and give the feed file a name.
- Under Upload a file now, click Browse and select the feed file on your computer.
- Click Create feed.
The upload may take several minutes. The status of any feed can be found in the Processing section of the feed.
3. Set up fetch schedule in Google Merchant Centre
- In your Merchant Centre account, select Products from the navigation menu, then click Feeds.
- Click the name of the feed you'd like to schedule.
- Navigate to the Settings tab and click the toggle for Fetch schedule.
- Set your preferred fetch frequency, fetch time and time zone.
- For File URL input https://[yourbusiness].myeasol.com/ads/google.csv (replace [yourbusiness] with your Easol account name).
- Click Save.