Set up Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a tool that allows you to track traffic, conversions and more. Before you can set up Google Analytics on your Easol website, make sure you have created a Google Analytics account and have a property set up for your website.
How to set up Google Analytics
Step 1: Add Google Analytics to Easol
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account and go to Admin.
- Go to Property > Tracking Info > Tracking Code and find your Google Analytics Tracking ID (formatted as “UA-XXXXXXXXX-X”).
- Open your Easol admin dashboard and go to Settings > Integrations.
- Copy and paste your Google Analytics tracking ID into Google.
- Click Save to publish changes.
- Back in your Google Analytics account, go to Reports > Real Time > Overview and make sure it is tracking traffic when you're on checkout pages.
Adding your Google Analytics tracking ID to your Easol admin will install tracking to checkout pages only. In order to install tracking to all other website pages, follow the next steps to add Google Analytics with Google Tag Manager.
Step 2: Add Google Analytics with Google Tag Manager
- Make sure Google Tag Manager is installed in your Easol account.
- In your Google Tag Manager account, create a new Tag.
- Under Tag Configuration, select Google Analytics: Universal Analytics and enter the following settings:
- Select Page View as the Track Type.
- For Google Analytics Settings, select New Variable under the dropdown.
- In the side panel, give the variable name (e.g. "Google Analytics ID"). Enter your Google Analytics Tracking ID (same one you added to your Easol admin) into the Tracking ID field.
- Click Save.
- Under Triggering, select All Pages as the trigger. Click Save.
- Once the new tag is saved, you can use the Preview function to ensure Google Analytics is correctly tracking your website pages.
- Click Submit to publish changes.
Google Analytics should now be installed to all website pages.