Create and send recommendations
Recommendations allow you to send customers a pre-built basket, with a personal message ready to book. They are ideal for customers you have direct contact with already or if you have people enquiring about your products and you want to create a bespoke booking ready to purchase for them.
Some good uses of recommendations include:
- You receive a direct enquiry about an experience and you want to reply with a custom quote.
- After talking to a customer on Live Chat about your experiences, you want to get them to book right then and there.
- You have a customer who is slightly nervous about booking a large trip and want to give them a more personal touch when booking.
- You have a customer who is unsure about booking and you want to drive urgency by recommending a package of experiences for.
- You want to offer a special package of experiences to an individual customer.
- You want to put together a high-value, bespoke booking for a larger party or corporate booking.
- You want to up-sell a customer in to purchasing extras or another experience.
How to create and send recommendations
- In your dashboard, go to Bookings > Recommendations and click New Recommendation.
- Fill in the details of your recommendation:
- Customer name
- Customer email address
- Personalised message
- Image (leave blank to display hero image of selected experience)
- Expiry date (optional)
- Click Add Product, choose an experience or accommodation from the list and select a variant or extra. You can add as many products as you like.
- Update the Adult Count number to change the quantity of an item.
- Hit Save.
- Click Preview to view your new recommendation.
- When you're ready to send the recommendation, copy the Link and paste it in an email or message to your customer.
After you've sent the recommendation, you can keep track of the status of your recommendation under Bookings > Recommendations. You can also see when a customer has opened and viewed your recommendation page.
Note: Recommendations will allocate stock inventory of a variant or extra (as if it has been booked) to ensure that it remains bookable for your recipient and that you don't overbook. This means that if you have one stock remaining for a variant and you create a recommendation with it, the variant will be marked as sold out.