Refund a customer booking
If you have cancelled a booking or the booking has been edited in a way that results in a balance being overpaid, you can request a refund on behalf of the customer.
Before issuing refunds, please note the following:
- Whenever refunds are issued, you’ll need to have enough funds on your account to cover the refund amount. If you don’t have enough funds in your account, Easol will send a remittance invoice.
- Refund requests are completed twice a week, usually on Mondays and Thursdays.
- On average it takes 7 days to complete the refund, if there are sufficient funds on the account. We normally advise informing customers 10-14 business days for the refunds to be completed.
How to refund a customer booking
- Go to Bookings > All Bookings in your dashboard and select the Booking Reference for the customer you want to request the change for.
- Check that the booking is either cancelled or items that need to be refunded are removed.
- Click Actions and select Refund.
- Set the refund amount for each item. If there's an item that doesn't need to be refunded, set the amount to 0. Fees are displayed for each item in the case you want to deduct fees from the refund amount.
- Click Refund.
- Easol will approve the refund request if sufficient funds are on the account.
- Once Easol has approved the refund, a note in the booking timeline will display in green as Refund accepted.
Tip: We recommend resending a booking confirmation email to the customer after editing a booking. You can do this under the Timeline.
Article is closed for comments.