Merchandise your experiences and accommodations
To help boost sales, you can provide additional details and highlight key selling points by merchandising your experiences and accommodations.
To start, select an experience or accommodation and go to the Merchandising tab. Here, you’ll find a variety of content fields to help build out your experience page. All of these fields are optional, but we recommend filling it out as much as possible to increase conversions – the more detailed your experiences are, the more likely a customer will purchase.
The design of your merchandising sections will depend on your website theme.
Show off your experiences with beautiful photography. Add up to 10 images in this section. Make sure that all images are optimised for web display and are under 10MB.
Use highlights to feature unique selling points about your product, e.g special parties, guest artists, the food, workshops or keynote speakers. What makes your experience different from everything else out there? To add a highlight:
- Click Edit on Highlights and then hit Add Highlight.
- Add a title, a description, and an image for each highlight.
Add hosts to create more familiarity between your customers and the people running the experience. To add a host:
- Click Configure on Hosts.
- Add an overview description to introduce your lineup of hosts.
- Next, click Add Host and input their details, including their name, description/bio, Instagram (their username without @), and an image.
Once you’ve set up hosts, you can dynamically display them on other pages of your website using your website theme’s blocks.
Create an itinerary for your guest to see ahead of booking. This section gives you flexibility in how you break down your schedule, whether you want to show what happens day-by-day or a snapshot of what a typical day looks like. To add a schedule:
- Click Configure on Schedule.
- Add an overview description to give a brief summary of what guests can expect.
- Next, click Add Section and provide a:
- Title (e.g. Saturday)
- Locale (for experiences that take place over multiple locations, e.g. a tour with several cities)
- Included / Not Included (list what’s included and excluded as part of the experience price)
List out the amenities and features that are included and excluded in your experience to ensure better transparency with your customers. To create this list:
- Click Configure on What’s Included.
- Type in an item (e.g. “Complimentary breakfast”) and hit enter on your keyboard.
- Drag items around to reorder the list.
With the blog section, you can feature specific blog posts on your experience page.
- Before you get started, make sure that you've added and published posts to your blog.
- Click Configure on Blog.
- Add a description under Overview to introduce your blog posts.
- Click Add Blog Post and select a post from the dropdown menu. You can add as many posts as you like.
- Drag posts around to reorder the list of blog posts.
Note: If blog posts are not appearing on your website, please contact email@example.com to get your theme updated.
With the venue section, you can showcase the location of your experience. Click Configure on Venue and insert a heading, tagline, image and a description.
Share insider tips on things to plan and do as part of the experience, e.g. local restaurant recommendations, things to pack. To add a trip tip:
- Click Configure on Trip Tips and then hit Add Trip Tip.
- Give each tip a heading, a description and an image.
Use testimonials from previous customers and press to build trust with new customers and help increase conversions. To add testimonials:
- Click Configure on Testimonials and then hit Add Testimonial.
- Add a name of the past guest or press, their quote and an image. You also have the option to add a link to the testimonial’s source (e.g. to a press article).
Use the FAQ section to help potential guests better understand your experience and book with ease. To add FAQ:
- Click Configure on FAQ and then hit Add FAQ.
- Add a question and corresponding answer.
If you’re merchandising an accommodation or an experience that includes accommodations, use this section to showcase where guests will be staying. To add an accommodation:
- Click Configure on Accommodations and hit Add Accommodation.
- Add a title, description and image for each accommodation option.
If your experience takes place in multiple locations, you can also set the country and locale of each accommodation.
How to remove a merchandising section
To remove a merchandising section, click on the bin icon. Note that this cannot be undone and all content will be lost.