Add and edit modifiers
Variant modifiers are arranged into Modifier Groups. This allows you to set different types of options for a single variant. For example, a food and wine festival may sell a half-day ticket where customers can choose from two time slot options (first modifier group) and three workshop options (second modifier group).
How to set up modifiers
- Under the Modifiers tab of an experience or accommodation, click New Modifier Group.
- Give your modifier group a name (e.g. “Festival Time Slot” or “Festival Workshop”) and hit Confirm.
- Set the minimum and maximum number of options a customer can choose within a modifier group. This forces customers to select a specific number of options (in our festival example, a time slot requires a customer to choose only 1 option, whereas a workshop requires a customer to choose 2 options).
- Add a group tagline to give customers some information and instructions (e.g. “Select two workshops to attend at the festival”)
- Next, click on New Modifier and create the different options for each modifier group (e.g. For Festival Workshops, we have “1. Making Homemade Pasta”, “2. Wine Tasting”, “3. Easy Vegan Recipes”). For every modifier, add a:
- Name – e.g. Making Homemade Pasta
- Tagline – e.g. Learn how to make fresh pasta with Chef Luca D'Acampo
- Stock Available – Set the total number of stock available so you don’t sell more than you have.
- Once you have all your modifiers, click New Mapping to apply your modifiers to a variant. You can apply a single modifier group to multiple variants. For example, if the food and wine festival has a Saturday and Sunday ticket, we can map our modifiers to both.
- Hit Save to publish changes.