Intro to managing availability of experiences and accommodations
Managing page visibility of experiences and accommodations
You can change the visibility of your experience, regardless of whether a variant is available or not. An experience or accommodation can have one of these four page statuses:
- In Draft – When you create new experience or accommodation, it is "In Draft", until you publish it. Drafts are only visible to team members in your Easol account and cannot be accessed by customers.
- Published – Once you've published an experience or accommodation, it can be accessed by everyone (whether you have variants created or not). In order for an experience or accommodation to be purchased by customers, it must be published.
- Unpublished – You can unpublish an experience at any time. This means that the experience's URL will no longer be accessible to your customers and they won't be able to make a booking. In your dashboard, it will be under "Off Sale".
- Archived – If you archive an experience or accommodation, it will be permanently removed from your dashboard and website.
Managing variant availability of experiences and accommodations
The availability of an experience or accommodation's variants will determine whether it can be booked by customers. Variants are the pricing options associated with each experience or accommodation that customers can purchase at checkout.
An experience or accommodation can have one of these three statuses depending on the availability of its variants:
- Available – An experience or accommodation can be booked if it has been published, variants are available to be purchased and product availability is turned on.
- Coming Soon – "Coming Soon" is displayed if an experience or accommodation doesn't have any associated variants (even if extras are available).
- Sold Out – "Sold Out" is displayed if an experience or accommodation has variants that are out of stock and/or product availability is turned off.
Managing daily availability of accommodations
On top of variant availability, you can also configure the availability of accommodations on a day-to-day basis. This means that you can make an accommodation unavailable for bookings on specific dates.