Intro to managing availability of experiences and accommodations
Managing page visibility of experiences and accommodations
You can change the visibility of your experience, regardless of whether a variant is available or not. An experience or accommodation can have one of these four page statuses:
- In Draft – When you create new experience or accommodation, it is "In Draft" until you have completed the initial setup. Drafts are only visible to team members in your Easol account and cannot be accessed by customers.
- Published – Once you've published an experience or accommodation, it can be accessed by everyone (whether you have variants created or not). In order for an experience or accommodation to be purchased by customers, it must be published.
- Off Sale – Experiences and accommodations that are unavailable for bookings will be under "Off Sale" in your dashboard. This includes:
- Unpublished experiences/accommodations- you can unpublish an experience at any time. This means that the experience's URL will no longer be accessible to your customers and they won't be able to make a booking.
- Experiences/Accommodations without active variants - if there are no variants on sale, the experience/accommodation will be considered off sale. This also applies to published experiences/accommodations.
- Deleted – If you delete an experience or accommodation, it will be permanently removed from your dashboard and website.
Managing variant availability of experiences and accommodations
The availability of an experience or accommodation's variants will determine whether it can be booked by customers. Variants are the pricing options associated with each experience or accommodation that customers can purchase at checkout.
An experience or accommodation can have one of these three statuses depending on the availability of its variants:
- Available – An experience or accommodation can be booked if it has been published and variants are available to be purchased.
- Coming Soon – "Coming Soon" is displayed if an experience or accommodation doesn't have any associated variants (even if extras are available).
- Sold Out – "Sold Out" is displayed if an experience is in the past or all available variants are out of stock or hidden.
Note: Experiences in the past cannot be sold. The end date used to determine whether an experience is in the past is start date + experience duration + 24 hours. For example, an experience on 24th Aug with a 1-day duration has an end date of 11:59pm on 26th Aug.
Managing daily availability of accommodations
On top of variant availability, you can also configure the availability of accommodations on a day-to-day basis. This means that you can make an accommodation unavailable for bookings on specific dates.