How Klarna works at checkout
Payment options, availability and requirements
Klarna is currently available at checkout for customers in the UK and the US, with different payment options depending on the customer’s basket size.
- Pay in 30 days is available for purchases between 1-1500 GBP.
- Pay in 3 (monthly instalments) is available for purchases between 35-1500 GBP.
- Pay in 4 (instalments every two weeks) is available for purchases of 10-3000 USD.
Easol will be rolling out Klarna in more countries, including Norway, Ireland, Greece, France, Finland, and Denmark — stay tuned for more information!
Klarna vs. Payment Plans & Deposits
Pay out schedule
When a customer pays with Klarna, you get paid the full amount of the booking upfront, before the customer ever completes their balance. WIth Easol’s built-in payment plans and deposits, on the other hand, you get paid as a customer completes their balance. Learn more about receiving payments
Because Klarna takes the risk on payments, they charge a higher processing fee. You can track the number of bookings paid with Klarna in your reports.
Unlike Easol’s built-in payment plans and deposits, it’s not possible to control which products Klarna is available for. That means when you enable Klarna, it’s offered site-wide for all products where it meets location and basket size requirements.
How to enable Klarna
- Go to Settings and navigate to Payments.
- Under Payment methods switch on the toggle for Klarna.
Klarna is now enabled at checkout for all products.