Configure payment plan fees
What are payment plan fees?
With payment plan fees, you can charge extra fees for customers that choose a payment plan option when booking an experience. This is a great way to offset some of the risk for you as the experience creator, as well as increase overall revenues. Payment plan fees are set per Variant.
There are two ways you can set a payment plan fee:
- Fixed fee - Set amount, regardless of total amount of the Variant (e.g. $5.00)
- Percentage fee - Proportional amount that varies depending on the total amount of the Variant (e.g. 2% of total amount of Variant)
Payment plans are only available for Easol Plus and Easol Pro pricing plans.
Payment plan fees vs. Booking fees
Booking fees are applied site-wide or per individual variants and extras, whereas payment plan fees are only applied when a customer books an experience with a payment plan. You can charge booking fees alongside payment plan fees.
How to enable payment plan fees
- From your admin dashboard, go to Settings > Payments.
- Under Manage Payment Plans, select an existing payment plan or create a new one.
- Switch on Charge a Payment Plan Fee.
- Next, choose between a Fixed fee or Percentage fee and set the fee.
- Click Update.
The payment plan fee is now applied to all relevant experiences. Learn more about how payment plans work.
Editing payment plan fees
Similar to payment plans themselves, you can change payment plan fee settings even after your experience goes on sale. Editing payment plan fees will only affect future customers that book. Customers that book with old payment plan fee amount will retain the old settings.