Add new experiences
Experiences are individual events or trips that have a set start and finish date/time. For example, a meditation retreat that runs from Wednesday to Saturday, a virtual cooking class that happens on the first Sunday of every month, or a music festival that takes place once a year.
To create and sell an experience:
- Go to Experiences and click Add experience.
- Next, select whether your experience includes accommodations (e.g. a yoga retreat that has accommodations or a festival with camping) or if accommodation is sold separately (or is not required).
- Fill out the basic information about your experience:
- Name – Give your experience a catchy title.
- Tagline – Provide a snapshot of your experience. Keep in mind that this will be displayed on other pages of your site, so make it short, sweet, and enticing for people to want to learn more.
- Overview – Give a more thorough description of your experience and why it’s worthwhile for your customers.
- Hero image – Upload an image that best represents your experience. We recommend using a high-resolution image in landscape format (at least 1024x576 pixels) for optimal display.
- Overview image – This will be displayed alongside your overview description. The optimal image size will depend on the website theme you are using.
- Departure date – Input the start date of your experience – it must be a future date.
- Duration – Let customers know how long your experience lasts. You can set the time unit to days, hours or minutes.
- Category and Subcategory – This can be used for your customers to filter and search your catalogue of offerings on your site.
- Next, you will need to provide the address where your experience will take place at. If you’re hosting a virtual experience, add “Virtual Event” for the street field and 000000 for the zip code field.
- Upload up to 10 images that best represent your experience. They can be a mix of landscape and portrait images. The maximum file size for all images is 10MB.
- Finally, set up the pricing of your experiences with variants.
All of this information can be edited later, so don’t worry if you’re not sure what to input on your first go.