Add new accommodations
Accommodations are properties that have a flexible check-in and check-out date/time. These can be room/unit type properties (e.g. a hotel room, a tent or a bed in a shared hostel room) or an entire property (e.g. a villa, rental home or cabin).
To create and sell an accommodation:
- Go to Accommodation and click Add accommodation.
- Next, select the accommodation type:
- Rooms or units, such as a room in a hotel, a tent or a bed in a shared room
- Entire property, such as a villa, a home or a cabin
- Fill out the basic information about your experience:
- Name – Give your experience a catchy title.
- Tagline – Provide a snapshot of your accommodation. Keep in mind that this will be displayed on other pages of your site, so make it short, sweet, and enticing for people to want to learn more.
- Overview – Give a more thorough description of your accommodation and why it’s worthwhile for your customers.
- Hero image – Upload an image that best represents your accommodation. We recommend using a high-resolution image in landscape format (at least 1024x576 pixels) for optimal display.
- Overview image – This will be displayed alongside your overview description. The optimal image size will depend on the website theme you are using.
- Category and Subcategory – This can be used for your customers to filter and search your catalogue of offerings on your site.
- Next, you will need to provide the address of your accommodations.
- Click on the Variants tab and set up the pricing of your accommodations.
- Once variants are created, you can configure the availability of your accommodations under the Daily Availability & Pricing tab.
All of this information can be edited, so don’t worry if you’re not sure what to input on your first go.