Edit a booking on an active payment plan
About editing bookings on an active payment plan
You can make updates to a booking on an active payment plan, including:
- Changing guest information, such as name, email, phone number, and other customer details
- Adding and removing items
- Applying and removing price reductions
- Applying and removing voucher codes
- Change modifier selections
Tip: We recommend resending a booking confirmation email to the customer after editing a booking. You can do this when you finalise a booking edit or under the Timeline.
Limitations to editing bookings on an active payment plan
There are some instances where editing a booking on an active payment plan is not available:
- The changes you're making result in the instalment amount falling below the minimum chargeable amount. Check a booking in your admin to view the minimum amount.
- The last instalment of the booking's payment plan is today.
How editing a booking affects instalments
The payment plan instalment amount automatically changes according to the total price of the booking after edits.
|Total price after booking edits
|Price is unchanged
|No changes are made to instalments
|The increase is distributed equally across all upcoming instalments
|The reduction is subtracted equally from all upcoming instalments
|Price is a negative balance
|The payment plan is automatically completed and the remaining negative balance becomes available for refund.
If the payment plan is still active after booking edits are made, your customer will continue to be automatically charged as usual.
Managing outstanding payments
If there are any outstanding payments, you can copy and send the Payment Link to the customer so that they can easily log into their account and pay the remaining balance online. You can also update the balance due date; the due date will default to the original final instalment date of the payment plan.
To issue refunds from a payment plan, you'll need to cancel the payment plan. You'll then have the option to cancel the booking or apply a price reduction which will allow the balance paid by the customer to be refunded (including payment plan fees).