Intro to managing customer bookings
Understanding how bookings work in Easol is an important part of running your experience business. All bookings are stored in your admin under Bookings. Each booking is assigned a booking reference – a unique combination of letters and numbers. Reference numbers can be used to search and track specific bookings in your admin.
You can also use recommendations to create and send a pre-built basket, with a personal message ready to book.
What happens when a booking is placed
When a customer places a booking:
- You receive a booking notification by email (if switched on).
- The customer receives an automated booking confirmation email.
- The customer can log in to your bookings system to view their booking.
- The booking is added under Bookings, along with all relevant booking details.
How customers view and access their bookings
When a customer books an experience for the first time, they will be prompted to create an account with your booking system. They'll then be able to log into your booking system at yourdomain.com/bookings to view and manage bookings made with your business.
How to manage bookings
You can manage bookings directly in your admin:
- View individual bookings and track changes with a timeline
- Add and remove items
- Apply price reductions
- Apply voucher codes
- Edit guest information
- Change modifier selections
- Change balance due date
- Request refunds
- Postpone or cancel a booking
If the booking is on an active payment plan, please see instructions here.